We consider poems on any subject and in any form, all year round, by young writers up to U.S. 8th grade (or its international equivalent) .
How to Submit
- Do not submit multiple poems separately. Please submit all your poems together in one document.
- We prefer to read a packet of at least 3 poems by submitters but you may submit anywhere from 1-5 poems in one submissions.
- Your submission should be in Arial font, size 12. The header at the top of each poem should look like this:
by First Name Last Name, Age
City, State (or Country if you are not from the US)
by Emma Wood, 32
Santa Cruz, CA
Fill in the title(s) of the work(s) you are submitting. If you are submitting more than one poem, separate the titles with commas.
- Type cover letter text into the cover letter field with any additional information you'd like to send.
- Use the Add File button to find the file on your computer that you would like to submit. Select the file and click on the Open button. Your file will then appear in the "file" field.
- Review your information to confirm that it is correct. Click Submit and you're done!
- You should receive a confirmation email letting you know that we've received your submission.
- If you are having any technical issues with your submission, please write directly to the Submittable team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our current response time is about three months. We wish we could respond with personal feedback, but the volume of submissions received and the small size of our staff make this impossible.
- To make sure that you receive our e-mail responses, set your spam filter to accept messages from email@example.com. Otherwise, notifications may end up in your "junk" or "spam" folder, or be deleted by your e-mail system. You can also check the status of your submission at any time by logging into your Submittable account.
- We can only consider submissions written in the English language. We welcome translations of work into English.
- We consider only previously unpublished work. Work that has appeared online for any reason is considered to have been previously published and should not be submitted. However, we can be flexible. If you are unsure whether your piece counts as published or not, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To increase your chances of publication, please read the detailed guidelines on our website: http://www.stonesoup.com/stone-soup-contributor-guideline/